D: After having nearly killed ourselves with heavy food the past couple of weeks, Steph chose this Chicken Salad recipe. Using Pitas, it looked reasonably light, and sounded like it may taste good; no mayo is.. an interesting choice, but something I was willing to try.
- 1/2 C plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 TBsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb cooked chicken breasts or thighs, torn,and roughly chopped
- 1 small cucumber peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 C crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 C pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- Pitas to stuff full of delicious chicken-ness
- A knife, I guess
- Whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, parsley, salt & pepper to taste together in a medium bowl
- Add the chicken, cucumber, tomato, red onion, feta, olives and stir
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving
- Warm pitas, cut in half, and fill with the mixture
D: I thought it was quite good, I love olives, so I really have no complaints. The yogurt & acid work well as a dressing, and it keeps it on the lighter side when compared to the standard mayo-heavy chicken salad one thinks of. I really have no complaints regarding it, I thought it was very good, I’d eat it again.
S: too many olives [D: she lies]. I couldn’t taste anything else. Do definitely want to have it again, but maybe less olives next time.