D: St-Germain adventures continue. See, I thought we had Green Chartreuse, so I was being smart and using a couple of liquors we already had. Turns out Yellow Chartreuse looks pretty green. So that genius plot kind of failed. But this drink should be interesting anyways, as Chartreuse so far has been pretty good, very different.
- 1.5 parts gin
- 1/2 part St-Germain
- 1/2 part Green Chartreuse (not yellow :( )
- 1/2 part freshly squeezed lime juice
- Chilled Cocktail Glass (I used martini)
- Add ingredients to a shaker full of ice
- Pour into a chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with a lime wheel
D: So uhh basically it’s a spicy Gimlet. I like it, but you have to like a Gimlet to really enjoy it. The Chartreuse adds a lot to the Gimlet, you can really taste it, but it’s kind of just a spiced Gimlet (since Chartreuse is a herby spicy liqueur, a lot like Jager). I like it, but it’s not really a super exciting drink.